2010 Project Nightlight Winner
Painter’s Colic was a game created by a team of 8 students from DePaul University and Columbia College of Chicago for DeFRAG’s Project Nightlight Game Competition.
- Restrictions of Project Nightlight
- 8 Weeks for development.
- Based on the theme “Such Great Heights”
- Must include 2 of the Lucky Charms marshmallow shapes
- Team of 8 people
- 4 Programmers
- 2 Artists
- 2 Designers
- Developed in C# in Microsoft XNA for PC.
- I worked as a programmer as well as a sound designer.
- I created all sound effects, recorded VO, implemented the audio through XACT.
- Did general gameplay and systems programming and bug fixing.
- The game won in a pool of 6 finalists.
- Other team members and their websites
- Aaron Dittman – Programmer / Project Lead
- Ashley Ruhl – Artist / Animator – http://www.ashleyruhl.com
- Kevin Zuhn – Artist / Designer – http://www.kevinzuhn.com/
- Noah Johnson – Designer – http://iam.colum.edu/students/noah.johnson/portfolio/
- Dan Kristoff – Designer
- Phil Tibitoski – Programmer
- Mike MacDermaid – Programmer